Game Info & Help (1.1.1)
We highly recommend you watch the original Petscop videos before playing Giftscop.
If you have any questions after reading, you may join our Discord server, and ask in #giftscop-chat.
NOTE: If you are using a 1.2 prerelease build, some of this information may be outdated.
The way keyboard controls work in Giftscop should be thought of as similar to how they would work in an emulator. Keys on the keyboard are bound to controller buttons.
- D-Pad — W A S D
- Face buttons (Cross, Triangle, Circle, Square) — Arrow keys
- Shoulder buttons (L2 L1 R1 R2) — Z X C V
- Start — Enter key
- Select — Spacebar
- Toggle P2 to TALK — Tab
- Open console — T
- You may also use the forwardslash key "/" to open the console with a slash, if you intend to use a command.
- Submit console command — Enter
Binding & Controllers
To change bindings, use the /bind command or edit the bindings.ini file.
Due to technical limitations, Giftscop does not currently have built-in controller support.
To use a controller, you will have to use a program that converts controller input to keyboard inputs, such as joytokey.
Gameplay mostly functions exactly as it does in the original Petscop videos.
Please read these for specifics, and what is not yet in Giftscop.
- The cellar trapdoor is located Southeast from the initial brick building. You can reach it by walking down and right from the starting location for about 30 seconds.
- It will open automatically if you wait nearby for a few minutes.
- The house is located Northwest from the trapdoor near the windmill.
- The door will open automatically several minutes after the key is used.
- The school is located North of the cellar trapdoor, but it's only visible if you travel down the road tunnel.
- The Child Library will generate a room after approximately 10 minutes.
- The Marvin event shown in Petscop 8 can be activated by having Toneth and standing in the road for a while.
Giftscop automatically records your gameplay inputs to replay as demos later, like Petscop does.
This allows you to solve the puzzle to open the garage like in Petscop 14 if you've used the teal tool like in Petscop 13.
Using cheat commands may break the current demo being recorded.
Some machines may experience issues with constant auto recordings, such as lag or memory use.
This will be improved in a future version. You may disable this setting via the /autorecord command if it's causing problems.
Things NOT in 1.1.1
While these features have all been implemented in 1.2 prerelease builds, they were NOT included in 1.1.1:
- Watching the Windmill and catching Toneth like in Petscop 6
- Anything with the pink tool
- Waiting in the house and catching Care A
- Accessing the secret menu through Sound Test, and its associated menus + gameplay elements
- Anything after Petscop 21, for the most part (no basement + Care B, no board games, no SMM car)
NOTE: Most commands are considered "cheats," and are not intended to be used during normal playthroughs, as they may cause bugs, other unexpected behaviors, and permanently alter the state of the game.
- /fs - Enables or disables fullscreen.
- /lang - Set to a built-in or custom language file. More info HERE.
- /autorecord - Enables or disables automatic input recording for demos.
- In 1.2, this command will be replaced with /recording auto
- /folder - Opens/lists your directory for saves, logs, etc. of Giftscop.
- /help - Lists available commands
A detailed list of all commands and their use can be found HERE.
MIDI Needles Piano
If you have the Needles Piano "equipped" and your MIDI device plugged in, you can connect to play the Needles in any way you want.
NOTE: This is for MIDI hardware connected to your PC and not for playing .mid files.
- /midi - See subsets of MIDI-related commands.
- /midi info - Current connected MIDI device information.
- /midi deviceID - Substitute "deviceID" with the number of the device you want to use, if multiple are connected. Default 0.
- /midi start - Enable the linked device to play on the Needles.
- /midi stop - Stop listening to the linked device.
Giftscop 1.1 brings multiplayer!
Use the /connect command and follow the directions to connect to the multiplayer server and talk and play with others.
Use /disconnect to disconnect.
More info about multiplayer, including server rules, can be found HERE. Failure to follow multiplayer rules may result in being banned from multiplayer.
Windows and macOS are supported in build downloads by default.
Giftscop can be played on Linux using Wine.
Some players have suggested that Proton works better, but may have glitches.
The main known bug with running the game through either method on Linux is that the game cannot be unfocused at any time, or it will no longer accept inputs.
This may prevent you from accessing Multiplayer which requires you to go offscreen to authorize.
Specific builds for Linux are not currently achievable at this time, but will be considered in the future.
Having any trouble getting certain things to work? This list provides solutions to common issues with the game.
- Changing the SFX volume may distort the volume of the piano in Pen's room. Set it back to 1 to avoid this.
- FMV playback is not supported in Unity on Windows 7. You can disable FMVs by setting playFmv to False in the settings.ini file.
- If you get an error when setting your Naulsheet, or if other players' Naulsheets do not display, please install the Visual C++ 2015 Redistributable.
- Naulsheets and languages may not work on macOS 10.12+ due to App Translocation (you can find out what this means HERE).
Quarantine can be disabled by moving Petscop.app to a different folder, then moving it back to where it was.