Game Info & Help (1.1.1)
We highly recommend you watch the original Petscop videos before playing Giftscop.
If you have any questions after reading, join our Discord server, verify, and ask in #giftscop-chat.
D-Pad - WASD keys
Face buttons - Arrow keys
Shoulder buttons - Z X C V (L2 L1 R1 R2)
Start - Enter key
Select - Spacebar
Toggle P2 to TALK - Tab
Start command - Forwardslash key "/"
Chat - T
Binding & Controllers
To change bindings, use the "bind" command or edit the bindings.ini file.
Due to technical limitations, Giftscop does not currently have built-in controller support.
To use a controller, you will have to use a program that converts controller input to keyboard inputs, such as joytokey.
- The trap door is located at (100, 0, -100), southeast from the brick building.
- To open the trap door, wait a few minutes, or use the /nmpdoor command.
- The house is located at (-115, 0, -50), northwest from the underground exit.
- To open the house door, use the key and wait a while, or use the /housedoor command.
- The school is located at (95, 0, -70), but is only visible if you walk down the road tunnel, or use the /school command.
- The Child Library will generate a room after approximately 10 minutes, or skip with the /skipcl command.
- The Marvin event shown in Petscop 8 can be activated by having Toneth and standing in the road for a while.
Giftscop automatically records your gameplay inputs to replay as demos later, like Petscop does.
This allows you to "solve" the puzzle to open the garage like in Petscop 14 if you've used the teal TOOL like in Petscop 13.
Using commands that skip things or offset your position will break the current demo being recorded.
Some machines may experience issues with constant auto recordings, such as lag or memory use.
This will be improved in a future version. You can disable this setting with the /autorecord command if it's causing problems.
Things NOT in the game
Don't waste your time doing these, as these are NOT yet implemented in Giftscop:
- Watching the Windmill and catching Toneth like in Petscop 6
- To catch Toneth use the /pet command
- Anything with Pink TOOL
- Waiting in the house and catching Care A
- Accessing the secret menu through Sound Test, and its associated menus + gameplay elements
- Anything after Petscop 21, for the most part (no basement + Care B, no board games, no SMM car)
Use /help in the console to see a list of commands. Important commands:
- /fs - Enables or disables fullscreen.
- /ws - Enables or disables widescreen.
- /nmpdoor - Opens the trap door to under the Newmaker Plane without waiting.
- /skipcl - Skips the Child Library wait time and immediately pulls up the room you input.
- /lang - Set to a built-in or custom language file. More info HERE.
- /pos - Gives you your current position.
- Add values after /pos, such as /pos 100 0 -100, to move to that position.
- /scene - Gives you the name of the scene you're in.
- Add a scene name after /scene, such as /scene gift-plane, to change to that scene.
- /listscenes - Lists all scene names. You can find an annotated list HERE.
- /connect - Connect to the multiplayer server. More info in the Multiplayer section.
- /disconnect - Disconnect from multiplayer, if connected.
- /autorecord - Enables or disables automatic input recording for demos.
- /say - Say something with P2 to TALK. Accepts regular English words only.
- /folder - Opens/lists your directory for saves, logs, etc. of Giftscop.
A detailed list of all commands and their use can be found HERE.
To use custom characters, have files in the "Naulsheets" folder with the provided template.
Then, use the /setchar command using the file's name (without .png) to change to it.
MIDI Needles Piano
If you have the Needles Piano "equipped" and your MIDI device plugged in, you can connect to play the Needles in any way you want.
- /midi - See subsets of MIDI-related commands.
- /midi info - Current connected MIDI device information.
- /midi deviceID - Substitute "deviceID" with the number of the device you want to use, if multiple are connected. Default 0.
- /midi start - Enable the linked device to play on the Needles.
- /midi stop - Stop listening to the linked device.
Giftscop 1.1 brings multiplayer!
Use the /connect command and follow the directions to connect to the multiplayer server and talk and play with others.
Use /disconnect to disconnect.
A list of commands and rules for multiplayer can be found HERE. Failure to follow multiplayer rules may result in being banned from multiplayer.
Windows and macOS are supported in build downloads by default.
Giftscop can be played on Linux using Wine.
Some players have suggested that Proton works better, but may have glitches.
Specific builds for Linux are not currently achievable at this time, but will be considered in the future.
Having any trouble getting certain things to work? This list provides solutions to common issues with the game.
- FMV playback is not supported in Unity on Windows 7. You can disable FMVs by setting playFmv to False in the settings.ini file.
- If you get an error when setting your Naulsheet, or if other players' Naulsheets do not display, please install the Visual C++ 2015 Redistributable.
- Naulsheets and languages may not work on macOS 10.12+ due to App Translocation (you can find out what this means HERE).
Quarantine can be disabled for Giftscop using the following command:
sudo xattr -d -r -s com.apple.quarantine Petscop.app