Using the command console, you can change the game's text language to built-in translations or to a custom language.
The command to change the language in use is /lang name.
Built-in translations come with Giftscop by default.
- english / en - English (source language)
- spanish / es - Spanish (Español)
- french / fr - French (Français)
- italian / it - Italian (Italiano)
- russian / ru - Russian (Русский)
- brazportuguese / bp - Brazillian Portuguese (Português do Brasil)
- turkish / tr - Turkish (Türkçe)
- dutch / nl - Dutch (Nederlands)
- german / de - German (Deutsch)
They are community contributed, and may lose meaning in translation.
The manner of handling fan translations will change in future versions.
If interested in making your own translation, or just changing the text to something funny, you can modify the "strings_custom.json" file and save as a new file to make your own language files.
To apply custom languages, the name part of the lang command should be the name of the file of the language json. The file must be in the Custom Languages folder.
If making your own custom language:
- You do not need to retain the same amount of lines for text box entries; they can be more or less than the original.
- To work properly, they must retain the .json formatting.
- PetscopWide, the in-game UI font, has been extended to also include:
- Extended ASCII
- Cyrillic alphabet
- Japanese hiragana & katakana
If you're looking for some custom languages people have made already, check the #custom-languages channel of the Giftscop Discord server.