- You can connect to the server by running the
gsmpfile (Giftscop Multiplayer), found in the same folder as the game's executable file.
- If you have a desktop shortcut for Giftscop, you may right click it and select "open file location" to open this folder.
- If it is your first time connecting, or if you have not connected recently, you will need to log in using a Discord account. To do this, click OK on the dialog box that opens upon trying to connect. You must leave the game open while you do this. NOTE: You don't need to join our Discord server to authorize.
- Only the most recent Giftscop build may connect to multiplayer. The most recent build may be found here.
- There are not multiple servers. All compatible builds connect to the same server.
When you play on our multiplayer server, you must follow the rules, otherwise you will be risking a permanent ban.
The multiplayer server operates under rules which are similar to those in our Discord server. The multiplayer rules are as follows:
- Be respectful; Don't be rude, mean, exclusionary, or discriminatory.
- Discrimination towards things such as race, gender (+identities), sexuality, etc. is NOT tolerated.
- Slurs are NOT tolerated (from anyone, no exceptions).
- Keep discussion appropriate; No adult content, inflammatory/controversial chatting or advertising.
- NSFW is NOT allowed (sexual content, heavy gore) - you will be banned. Includes custom spritesheets.
- Do not pressure people into sharing personal information.
- No impersonation; Do not pretend to be anyone else.
- No spamming; Don't be bothersome, don't spam needles piano inputs.
- No brigading; Do not target people, groups, etc. or bring drama into Multiplayer.
- Follow the Discord ToS; Since Multiplayer requires a Discord account, we expect you to follow its Terms of Service.
- A noteworthy detail about Discord's ToS is that users must be at least 13 years of age.
- Discord requires server operators to enforce this aggressively for legal reasons -- accounts will be banned even for joking about being underage.
- No advertising; Do not use multiplayer to direct people to join a separate Discord server or how to contact you, or anything similar.
- Rules apply to all forms of ingame communication (nicknames and P2), and custom characters.
- Do not attempt to find loopholes - this will be treated as an admission of intentionally violating rules.
- Attempting to evade a ban will result in the new account being permanently banned, and will revoke any possibility of ever appealing the previous ban.
- Breaking the rules "as a joke" is still punishable. If you break a rule as a joke, expect to be banned as a joke.
- There is no tolerance for breaking major rules within the server.
- Even if no staff are online at the time a rule is broken, you may still be banned after the fact. Staff may view chat logs.
Moderators can kick or ban players from multiplayer who violate these rules.
If you see a problem in multiplayer, you can join our Discord server to report it.
After connecting, you can use
/ to open the in-game console to use certain commands.
If you enter a single word into the console without a
/, it will tell you the buttons to say that word in P2 to TALK. More info on P2 to TALK can be found here.
If you've used a custom sheet in multiplayer, but no longer have access to it, you can download every sheet you've uploaded on multiplayer HERE (requires authorization).
NOTE: This only works for original sheets which you uploaded before anyone else. If someone else uploaded the sheet before you did, it won't be included here.
This section lists the data we store on our systems when you access Multiplayer, and how they are used. Those are:
- The Discord ID and username of the account used for authorization, and a hardware identifier
- Used for user identification.
- All messages sent through P2 to TALK
- Stored indefinitely for moderation purposes.
- All custom spritesheets used while connected, their filenames, and who first uploaded them
- Stored indefinitely for caching (so they don't need to be uploaded each time they are reused).
- If a sheet is removed for a content violation, a hash of its contents will remain to prevent future uploads.