To connect to the server, you must log in with a Discord account. You aren't required to join our Discord server though.
You can only connect with the latest stable or prerelease build of the game.
You can connect to the server with the /connect command.
You can disconnect from the server with the /disconnect command.
Only the most recent builds are able to connect to multiplayer. All players connect to the same server, regardless of which build is used.
When you play on our multiplayer server, you must follow our rules.
The multiplayer server operates under rules which are similar to those in our Discord server. The multiplayer rules are as follows:
- Be respectful; Don't be rude, mean, exclusionary, or discriminatory.
- Discrimination towards things such as race, gender (+identities), sexuality, etc. is NOT tolerated.
- Slurs are NOT tolerated (from anyone, no exceptions).
- NSFW is NOT allowed (sexual content, heavy gore) - you will be banned. Includes Naulsheets.
- Do not pressure people into sharing personal information.
- A noteworthy detail about Discord's ToS is that users must be at least 13 years of age.
- Discord requires server operators to enforce this aggressively for legal reasons -- accounts will be banned even for joking about being underage.
- Rules apply to all forms of ingame communication, and custom characters.
- Do not attempt to find loopholes - this will be treated as an admission of intentionally violating rules.
- Attempting to evade a ban will result in the new account being permanently banned, and will revoke any possibility of ever appealing the previous ban.
- Breaking the rules "as a joke" is still punishable. If you break a rule as a joke, expect to be banned as a joke.
- There is no tolerance for breaking major rules within the server.
- Even if no staff are online at the time a rule is broken, you may still be banned after the fact. Staff may view chat logs.
Moderators can kick or ban players from multiplayer who violate these rules.
If you see a problem in multiplayer, you can join our Discord server to report it.
Commands that are useful in multiplayer:
|volume toggle chat||Enable or disable the sound effect played when sending or receiving chat messages.|
|connect||Attempt to connect to the multiplayer server.|
|disconnect||Disconnect from the multiplayer server.|
|list||List other players connected to multiplayer and their locations.|
|volume toggle needles||Mutes or unmutes the Needles Piano. It will also affect other players.|
|nick||Set your nickname for multiplayer. This command must be used before you join multiplayer, you cannot change your nickname while online.|
|showsheets||Enable or disables custom characters from other players. If disabled, other players will use default sprites.|
|volume toggle p2||Mutes or unmutes P2 to TALK sounds. It will also affect other players.|
|rcon||Used for serverside commands:
If you've used a custom sheet in multiplayer, but no longer have access to it, you can download every sheet you've uploaded on multiplayer HERE (requires authorization).
NOTE: This only works for original sheets which you uploaded before anyone else. If someone else uploaded the sheet before you did, it won't be included here.